Make a big difference in the overall appearance of your home, and make it look freshly-cleaned with some simple chores that pay-off big. Make these jobs part of your spring-cleaning routine or take time out to periodically keep-up on the following tasks.
Six simple chores that make a big difference include:
1. Upholstery cleaning. By cleaning your upholstery, you will not only lighten and brighten the upholstery in your furnishings, but you can also bring a fresh scent to your home. Try cleaning chairs, sofas, and ottomans with products specifically-intended for the fabrics, or contact a local business to come and clean your upholstery for you. It will look like you bought new furniture!
2. Carpet cleaning. Get rid of dust, allergens, and pet dander with a good carpet-cleaning. Cleaning your rugs at least every six-months will also extend the life of some carpet fibers, while also giving it a richer pile. Call companies to come do this while you are at work, or rent a carpet-cleaning machine and make it a weekend chore.
3. Hardware refurbishment. It is pretty amazing what happens when you refurbish hardware on your kitchen cabinets or doors; the sparkling hardware will make it look like you have painted or augmented your kitchen in some way. Check out the cool ceramic, chrome, and copper hardware to provide a fresh accent for your kitchen cabinets, doors, and built-ins.
4. Ceiling-fan dusting. Every few months, take time to clean the ceiling fans, globes, and bulbs in each room of your house. This cuts down on allergens and provides better illumination in the room, while also keeping dust out of the air that is being circulated throughout your family's home.
5. Freezer overhaul. A couple times a year, defrost and clean your freezer from top-to-bottom. Turn the power off, and scrub out any stains or debris, but don't use sharp utensils for this job as these can damage the freezer and cooling system. Get rid of food that is past its prime, and reward yourself for a job well-done by restocking the freezer when you are done.
6. Culinary storage racks. Configure or buy a pot rack and hang your pots and pans in the kitchen. This cuts down on items that you don't use or need as you will have limited storage with a rack, and also gets extra pots and pans out of your kitchen cabinets where they are taking up valuable storage space.
If you want your home to look like you went through on a spring-cleaning binge, try one or more of these six chores. These tasks show attention to detail, and some will give your home a freshly-cleaned scent which will impress your family and friends. Talk with professional cleaning companies for more information and pricing for upholstery cleaning, carpet refurbishment, and other chores that you don't have time to complete yourself!Share
14 April 2017
After struggling for months to deal with a personal injury, my home was left in shambles. It seemed like no matter what I did I just couldn't keep things clean enough, so I started looking for a way to get a helping hand. I was able to find an excellent cleaning service that really took their job seriously, and they worked hard to make sure that I had everything I needed. Within a few appointments, my home was like new, and I knew that I owed it all to them. This blog is here to help anyone who might be wondering about cleaning services to take care of what they need to.